Axial 1/10 SCX10 III Jeep JL Wrangler with Portals 4WD Kit
- Replica V8 engine, transmission housing and transfer case cover and protect the motor while improving scale appearance
- Chassis tray accepts full-size, standard LiPo or NiMH batteries, with space on the side rails for running small pack sizes
- DIG function transmission setup lets you lock the rear axle from the transmitter for front wheel drive and a tighter turning radius
- Two-speed transmission setup option also available for high and low speeds
- Portal axles increase ground clearance and reduce torque twist
- Adjustable wheelbase chassis allows each driver to choose the size of their chassis
- Inner fenders and floor sides hide internal components usually visible from the side of the chassis
- Licensed KMC Machete 3-piece beadlock wheels provide scale looks and let you remove and replace tires without gluing
- Officially licensed Nitto Trail Grappler tires in a new taller and wider size increase ground clearance and grip
- Fully rebuildable, oil-filled shocks include hard anodized, threaded shock bodies, coilover springs, and an emulsion-style cap with screw for easier rebuilds
- Clear scale Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited body with detailed interior
The 1/10 scale Axial® SCX10™ III Jeep® JL Wrangler 4WD kit marks the next step forward in scale off-road action. While continuing to incorporate key components that have made SCX10™ vehicles successful, the SCX10™ III increases chassis realism with details that include a replica V8 engine to house the front-mounted 540 motor. It’s mated to a realistic transmission housing and transfer case, like a 1:1 vehicle.
The kit’s versatile transmission can be built in several ways. If you’re using a 3-channel radio like the Spektrum™ DX3™, you can set it up with a third-channel DIG function that lets you lock the rear axle from the transmitter for front wheel drive and a tighter turning radius. Another 3-channel option is to set up the vehicle with a two-speed transmission to select between high and low speeds. To have access to the two-speed transmission and DIG function simultaneously, just add another servo and use a radio with at least four channels (such as the 5-channel Spektrum™ DX5).
The SCX10™ III Jeep® JL Wrangler kit uses portal axles to improve performance by increasing the ground clearance and reducing torque twist. Its standard battery tray accepts full-size standard LiPo or NiMH packs. There’s also space on the side rails for drivers who prefer “shorty” packs. Inner fenders and floor sides hide internal components that would usually be visible from the side of the chassis.
To top off the chassis, the kit comes with a clear Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited four-door body that’s ready for finishing however you like. Scale details include a roll cage, front hood vents and cowl, windshield wipers, mirrors, door handles and more, plus a detailed interior. New taller and wider, officially licensed Nitto Trail Grappler tires on 3-piece licensed KMC Machete beadlock wheels add more scale realism and more grip on dirt, rocks, and all other off-road trails.
Needed to Complete
- 4-Channel transmitter
- 4-Channel receiver
- Steering servo
- ESC (electronic speed controller)
- Electric motor
- Micro servo for rear dig feature
- Micro servo for 2-speed feature
- Battery (accepts standard and shorty packs)
- Battery charger
- AA batteries for transmitter
- Paint (for polycarbonate plastic)