Axial 1/10 SCX10 III Jeep JLU Wrangler with Portals RTR, Orange
The 1/10 scale, ready-to-run Axial® SCX10™ III Jeep® JLU Wrangler 4WD marks the next step forward in scale off-road action. While continuing to incorporate key components that have made SCX10™ vehicles successful, the SCX10™ III increases chassis realism with details that include a replica V8 engine to house the installed brushed motor. It’s mated to a realistic transmission housing and transfer case, like a 1:1 vehicle. The RTR also comes complete with the Spektrum™ DX3™ 3-channel 2.4GHz DSMR® transmitter and Firma™ 40A ESC/receiver — for a radio system that’s ready to give you the advantages of innovative Spektrum™ Smart technology.
- Replica V8 engine, transmission housing and transfer case cover and protect the motor while improving scale appearance
- Chassis tray accepts full-size, “standard” LiPo or NiMH batteries, with space on the side rails for running small pack sizes
- DIG function lets you lock the rear axle from the transmitter for front wheel drive and a tighter turning radius
- Two-speed transmission option available for high and low speeds
- Portal axles increase ground clearance and reduce torque twist
- Adjustable wheelbase chassis allows each driver to choose the size of their chassis
- Inner fenders and floor sides hide internal components usually visible from the side of the chassis
- Licensed KMC Machete 3-piece beadlock wheels provide scale looks and let you remove and replace tires without gluing
- Officially licensed Nitto Trail Grappler tires in a new taller and wider size increase ground clearance and grip
- Fully rebuildable, oil-filled shocks include clear anodized, threaded shock bodies, coilover springs, and an emulsion-style cap with screw for easier rebuilds
- Spektrum™ DX3™ 2.4GHz DSMR® radio offers superior range, response, and interference resistance and is Smart technology compatible
- High-quality Spektrum™ Firma™ Smart 40A ESC/receiver provides the innovative telemetry capabilities of exclusive Spektrum™ Smart technology
- Metal gear, 15kg high torque servo is waterproof for driving with confidence in any weather and trail conditions
- Scale Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited body with detailed interior
Out of the box, the SCX10™ III Jeep® JLU Wrangler transmission features a third-channel DIG function that lets you lock the rear axle from the transmitter for front wheel drive and a tighter turning radius. As an alternative, you can set up the vehicle with a two-speed transmission instead and select between high and low speeds. If you’d like to use both the two-speed transmission and DIG function, just add another servo and a radio with at least four channels (such as the 5-channel Spektrum™ DX5).
The SCX10™ III Jeep® JLU Wrangler uses portal axles to improve performance by increasing the ground clearance and reducing torque twist. Its standard battery tray accepts full-size “standard” LiPo or NiMH packs. There’s space on the side rails as well for drivers who prefer smaller packs. Inner fenders and floor sides hide internal components that would usually be visible from the side of the chassis.
The chassis is topped off with a Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited four-door body that includes a roll cage, front hood vents and cowl, windshield wipers, mirrors, door handles and other molded-in details, plus a detailed interior and LED lighting. New taller and wider, officially licensed Nitto Trail Grappler tires on 3-piece beadlock wheels add more scale realism and more grip on dirt, rocks, and all other off-road trails.
With the Spektrum™ DX3™ radio’s exclusive DSMR® technology, you’ll enjoy the superior range, response, and interference resistance of exclusive DSMR® technology. Together with the installed Firma™ Smart 40A ESC/receiver, it also offers the advantages of exclusive Spektrum™ Smart technology. Install a Spektrum Smart LiPo battery and you can view vehicle battery capacity at a glance on the DX3 transmitter’s voltage level indicator. Outfit the DX3 with the optional BT2000 Bluetooth module and download the free Spektrum Dashboard™ app to your smart device, and you’re also ready to use Smart real-time telemetry — without needing on-board sensors or modules.
Needed to Complete
- Vehicle Battery (accepts standard and shorty packs)
- Compatible charger
What’s in the Box?
- (1) Axial® SCX10™ III Jeep® JLU Wrangler 4WD RTR
- (1) Spektrum™ DX3™ 3-Channel 2.4GHz DSMR® Radio System
- (1) Product Manual
SCALE ENGINE DETAIL
Scale features including a replica V8 engine, transmission housing, and transfer case all cover and protect the included brushed motor while adding to the realistic appearance.
MULTIPLE BATTERY MOUNTING LOCATIONS
The SCX10™ III Jeep® JLU Wrangler has a standard battery tray that accepts full-size “standard” LiPo or NiMH packs. There’s space on the side rails, too, for drivers who prefer smaller size packs.
DIG TRANSMISSION WITH TWO-SPEED OPTION
The transmission arrives set up with a DIG function for locking the rear axle from the transmitter, giving you the tight turning radius of front wheel drive on demand — Micro Dig Servo (SPMSSX107) included! You can also choose to set up the vehicle for a two-speed transmission instead, by taking the included Micro Dig Servo and moving it to the two-speed linkage. The transmission also includes a full set of ball bearings and all-metal internal gears for strength and durability.
PORTAL OFFSET AXLE HOUSING WITH HYPOID RING AND PINION GEAR
Portal Axles like those found in some full-size off-roaders provide higher ground clearance and reduce the torque on other drivetrain components for improved performance.
ADJUSTABLE WHEELBASE CHASSIS
The SCX10™ III Jeep® JLU Wrangler wheelbase is adjustable to let you choose the size of your chassis. The chassis is stiffer than the previous SCX10™ II chassis, for less frame flexing and more precise suspension movement.
OPTIMIZED SUSPENSION GEOMETRY
The suspension geometry is based on the SCX10™ II but refined slightly for the new chassis layout. The front suspension has been optimized to reduce bump steer, while the rear 4-link reduces torque twist.
FENDER LINERS AND FLOOR SIDES
The SCX10™ III Jeep® JLU Wrangler body’s fender liners and floor sides hide internal components that would usually be visible from the side of the chassis.
LICENSED 3-PIECE BEADLOCK WHEELS
Legendary in the off-road world, these officially licensed KMC XD Machete wheels are molded in black and include stunning scale details. Because they’re 3-piece beadlock wheels, tires can be mounted, removed and replaced easily without gluing.
NITTO TRAIL GRAPPLER TIRES
The R35 compound Nitto Trail Grappler tires included with the SCX10™ III Jeep® JLU Wrangler are taller and wider (4.7 x 1.7), providing more ground clearance and more grip on dirt, rocks, and all other off-road trails.
ALUMINUM ADJUSTABLE COILOVER SHOCKS
The oil-filled shocks have hard anodized, threaded bodies, a single coilover spring, plus an emulsion-style cap with screw for easier rebuilds. The shocks are tunable for achieving the best dampening rate. Their increased bore size also creates more fluid volume for better performance.
SPEKTRUM™ DX3™ 2.4GHz DSMR® TRANSMITTER
The included Spektrum™ DX3™ radio features exclusive DSMR® technology for superior range, response, and interference resistance. It’s also fully compatible with the Smart telemetry potential provided by the vehicle’s installed Spektrum™ Firma™ Smart 40A ESC/receiver.
SPEKTRUM™ FIRMA™ SMART 40A ESC/Rx & WATERPROOF SERVO
With the Firma™ Smart 40A ESC/receiver and DX3™ transmitter, you’re equipped to experience the telemetry advantages of exclusive Spektrum™ Smart technology. Install a Spektrum Smart LiPo battery to follow vehicle battery capacity on the transmitter’s voltage level indicator. Drive with confidence in any weather and trail conditions — the electronics are also protected by a waterproof design.
JEEP WRANGLER UNLIMITED 4-DOOR BODY
The scale Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited body mirrors its full-size counterpart with a detailed interior for “super scale” looks. The interior has a molded roll cage, steering wheel, and driver head. There are many molded scale details on the body, too: front radiator/light buckets; front hood vents; front cowl; windshield wipers; mirrors; door handles; fuel door; and spare tire.